The Day in the Field program affords students the opportunity to visit an area employer (local or regional) for a half-day or full-day.
During a Day in the Field, students learn about the employer by:
- Attend paneled sessions to learn more about the career paths of employees
- Tour departments
- Talk with current employees
- Learn about the types of career opportunities (internships and jobs) that may exist at the employer.
As an employer, you can customized your Day in the Field experience to best meet your organization's needs.
The L&S Career Services Job Shadow Program provides L&S students an opportunity to learn about careers of interest. Students are able to visit an employer to learn more about a work setting, observe and/or participate in various work functions, and learn about various types of career opportunities at an organization.
The program is held during Winter Break and Spring Break.
- Benefits of the Job Shadow Program for Employers
- Fosters and enhances an employer’s connection among the well-rounded and talented students in the College of Letters & Science
- Provides an opportunity for staff members at an employer to be a resource about their career paths and share insights and a snapshot of what their typical job is like
- Enables early identification of potential candidates for internships and full-time positions
Looking to get involved in the Day in the Field and/or Job Shadow programs?