We are now accepting enrollments for Summer 2018. All application materials are due June 4, 2018.
Applications for Fall 2018 will not be accepted until late July. Please check back closer to that time.
Questions? Check out our FAQs:
Inter-LS 260 FAQs
How do I know what counts as an internship?
The following criteria are used to evaluate the validity of an internship for participation in Inter-LS 260:
Basic Criteria for Determining Internship Validity
Instructions to apply for INTER-LS 260
- Secure an internship in the United States. If you will be interning in another county, you will need to enroll in the Worldwide Internship Program course.
- Fill out Course Registration & Internship Contract completely; agree to terms and conditions at the bottom.
- Submit a Position Description & Supervision Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note that you MUST attach a position description that outlines internship duties and responsibilities.
- Once you have submitted all required materials, the L&S Internship Coordinator will review them and email you when you have been authorized to enroll.
- Register for Inter-LS 260 via student center after you have received email authorization.
International Students Only
Steps to complete CPT Form:
- Part I & II – Student completes
- Part III – Employer completes
- Student sends CPT form with Parts I-III completed to email@example.com
- Part IV – Internship Coordinator completes and sends entire CPT form back to student
- Final step – student submits entire completed application to International Student Services
What should I expect?
This UW online internship course (Inter-LS 260) includes weekly readings, weekly online writing assignments, and a final reflection paper. It is worth 1 credit, and students may repeat the course up to three times. Grading is on the standard A-F system.