The Internship in the Liberal Arts & Sciences (Inter-LS 260) online course is offered during Fall, Spring & Summer terms, with limited enrollment. The course is open to any UW-Madison student, regardless of year in school or major, as well as University Special Students.
We are now accepting enrollments for Spring 2018. All application materials are due Friday, February 2, 2018.
Instructions to apply for INTER-LS 260
- Secure an internship in the United States. If you will be interning in another county, you will need to enroll in the Worldwide Internship Program course.
- Fill out Course Registration & Internship Contract completely; agree to terms and conditions at the bottom.
- Submit a Position Description & Supervision Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have submitted all required materials, the L&S Internship Coordinator will review them and email you when you have been authorized to enroll.
- Register for Inter-LS 260 via student center after you have received email authorization.
International Students Only
Steps to complete CPT Form:
- Part I & II – Student completes
- Part III – Employer completes
- Student sends CPT form with Parts I-III completed to email@example.com
- Part IV – Internship Coordinator completes and sends entire CPT form back to student
- Final step – student submits entire completed application to International Student Services
Complete applications must be submitted
What should I expect?
This UW online internship course (Inter-LS 260) includes weekly readings, weekly online writing assignments, and a final reflection paper. It is worth 1 credit, and students may repeat the course up to three times. Grading is on the standard A-F system.