The Internship in the Liberal Arts & Sciences (Inter-LS 260) online course is offered during Fall, Spring & Summer terms, with limited enrollment. The course is open to any UW-Madison student, regardless of year in school or major, as well as University Special Students.
*We are currently accepting applications to enroll in the Fall 2017 Term.
Instructions to apply for INTER-LS 260
- Secure an internship in the United States. If you will be interning in another county, you will need to enroll in the Worldwide Internship Program course.
- Fill out Course Registration & Internship Contract completely; agree to terms and conditions at the bottom.
- Submit a Position Description & Supervision Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have submitted all required materials, the L&S Internship Coordinator will review them and email you when you have been authorized to enroll.
- Register for Inter-LS 260 via student center after you have received email authorization.
International Students Only
Steps to complete CPT Form:
- Part I & II – Student completes
- Part III – Employer completes
- Student sends CPT form with Parts I-III completed to L&S Internship Coordinator
- Part IV – Internship Coordinator completes and sends entire CPT form back to student
- Final step – student submits entire completed application to International Student Services
Complete applications must be submitted
What should I expect?
This UW online internship course (Inter-LS 260) includes weekly readings, weekly online writing assignments, and a final reflection paper. It is worth 1 credit, and students may repeat the course up to three times. Grading is on the standard A-F system.