Applications for Fall 2018 will not be accepted until late July. Please check back closer to that time.
Questions? Check out our FAQs:
Inter-LS 260 FAQs
How do I know what counts as an internship?
The following criteria are used to evaluate the validity of an internship for participation in Inter-LS 260:
Basic Criteria for Determining Internship Validity
Instructions to apply for INTER-LS 260
- Secure an internship in the United States. If you will be interning in another county, you will need to enroll in the Worldwide Internship Program course.
- Fill out Course Registration & Internship Contract completely; agree to terms and conditions at the bottom.
- Submit a Position Description & Supervision Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note that you MUST attach a position description that outlines internship duties and responsibilities.
- Once you have submitted all required materials, the L&S Internship Coordinator will review them and email you when you have been authorized to enroll.
- Register for Inter-LS 260 via student center after you have received email authorization.
International Students Only
Steps to complete CPT Form:
- Part I & II – Student completes
- Part III – Employer completes
- Student sends CPT form with Parts I-III completed to email@example.com
- Part IV – Internship Coordinator completes and sends entire CPT form back to student
- Final step – student submits entire completed application to International Student Services
What should I expect?
This UW online internship course (Inter-LS 260) includes weekly readings, weekly online writing assignments, and a final reflection paper. It is worth 1 credit, and students may repeat the course up to three times. Grading is on the standard A-F system.
Submit all materials to:
Mail: L&S Internship Coordinator
711 State Street, Madison, Suite 300, WI 53703
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed and approved on a first come, first served basis. Course approval may take up to ten business days after submission of all required materials.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.