Some of the best internship opportunities may be unpaid. Others take place in areas with a high cost of living, such as New York City or San Francisco. This can be tough to manage the many expenses that come along with a summer internship. The SuccessWorks Summer Internship Scholarship has a variety of donors willing to help.
Summer 2018 Scholarship Application will open February 1, 2018!
Awards of up to $5000 are made possible through the generous donations from the Henderson-Reznick family, the Shinners family, and the Picus family.
Preference is given to undergraduate students completing unpaid internships, or those who would not be able to participate in the internship without financial support. Students who are underrepresented in their school, major, and/or industry are prioritized.
- L&S undergraduate student
- Satisfactory academic performance; overall GPA is 2.5 or above
- Have applied to or secured an internship
- Internship must be 10 hours/week minimum; cannot be for internship post-graduation
Scholarship Award Timeline:
- Applications collected from February – March via Scholarships@UW
- Student interviews are conducted in April
- Scholarship award winners are notified in May
Students who receive a financial aid package are encouraged to consult with the Office of Financial Aid to ensure an award will not impact their financial standing.